Last revised: August 30, 2022
After the first major Covid-related shutdown in March 2020, Canaray was required to adjust our clinic services
to accommodate an appointment-based schedule, rather than the walk-in clinics that we operated
for the prior decade. We built a new system to allow us to efficiently, securely and safely manage
the large numbers of referrals that we manage on a daily basis. After careful thought and consideration,
we were able to build our upgraded system around a patient-centric self-serve online system. This system requires
a unique patient email address in order to function.
WHY WE NEEDED TO DO THIS
Canaray differs from most other referral-based services in two ways:
- Every patient is a new patient that we only see one time for a short appointment
- Canaray creates a brand new patient chart every 5 minutes of every workday
Canaray is entrusted with ensuring that every patient's data will be correct, safe and secure, despite the high patient and data volumes we manage for thousands of clinicians and referring offices across the country. To handle
this uniquely high quantity of dental data, patients and referrals, we need a system that's more foolproof than the
typical referral system.
WHY THIS IS BETTER
By switching to a completely digital communication platform for all our referring clinicians and patients, we are able to provide many more conveniences and digital benefits that are simply not possible with paper and telephone.
- The system is designed to automatically and gracefully halt a patient's case if any contact information is
incorrect. This prevents communication errors and also prevents medical information privacy breaches
- The referral details, pricing, and completed insurance preauthorization forms are available to the patient for download immediately upon the creation of the referral by the referring clinician
- Patients can book and cancel appointments online independently. Patients have access to our complete
schedulers at all clinics with no blackouts
- Patients have immediate download access to their imaging data upon conclusion of their imaging appointment at
- Patients are able to track their case completion process/status, and view processing data even prior to
the completion of the report
- The invoices, receipts and all insurance forms are automatically sent to the patient digitally
- Patients can securely and efficiently share their data with anyone that has an email address . Patients
can also revoke access to data to anyone at any future time
- The most imporant benefit to clinicians of Canaray's new system is that it allows us to provide you with
a product that has no paper equivalent. Canaray's work simply cannot be converted into a hard copy anymore.
As a true digital dentistry product, it must exist online digitally, and for us to deliver it to you,
we need our patients and referring clinicians to exist online digitally as well.
- Easy and intuitive data sharing with tracking and revokation privileges
- A smooth, easy-to-use patient list that can handle unlimited numbers of patients with unilimited data
- Many convienent online converters for each of the types of digital products we produce, so that you can
download what you want in the format that you prefer
- A.I. automations permit us to provide more views, more slices, more information and more consistency than
would be possible manually
- Our new system is a true 3D workspace. Our reports exist in 3D , and every report is actually a 3D report
that contains a full online 3D DICOM viewer. In addition, we can display all the patient's full-color 3D
models (such as digital impressions and facial scans) online.
- Our system also permits clinicians to test various implant sizes at each prospective site in the 3D viewer,
and will soon permit you to download the 3D data to print your own implant surgical guides
- No service degradation, regardless of scale. Our system will no longer get bogged down
with surges in referrals
- Finally, our evergreen system is continuously being updated (often multiple times per day), so Canaray
just gets better every day
IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION?
Of course, there will always be a minority of clinicians and patients who do not wish to use a digital system
or who do not have an email address yet.
For these clinicians and patients, we can still offer the following assistance:
If you do not have an email address, you can quickly and easily sign up
for free secure email at ProtonMail . It takes 30 seconds. No ads, encrypted, safe, and completely free for less than 500MB of storage.
If you do not wish to use Canaray's digital referral system, please choose from this HUGE list of affiliate providers who are able to provide the same Canaray reports that you know and ❤. Canaray reports are available pretty much everywhere!
Please see the list of alternative providers below. Canaray does not endorse
any specific provider. These are simply providers found from Google searches
of locations near our clinics:
- Hamilton: 460 Main East Dental, 289-389-4317
- Oakville: Blue Ridge OMS, 905-592-2599
- Mississauga: Credit Valley Oral surgery, 866-849-7626
- Vaughan: ClinicOMS, 905-856-4202
- Barrie: Huronia Maxillofacial radiology, 416-440-3892
- Toronto: Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology associates, 416-226-3363
- Scarborough/Richmond Hill: Crescent Oral Surgery: 905-889-8006
- Winnipeg: Clear Care Perio: 204-421-9236
- Calgary:Please contact email@example.com for assistance